Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Client Service Executive is accountable for expanding existing relationships and delivering high quality and efficient service to both internal and external clients through the day-to-day account management of an assigned group of client accounts within a Branch. This role directly contributes to key business outcomes such as revenue growth, client retention, client satisfaction, enhancing AJG's value to our clients and prospects, achieving operating/margin targets and fostering a culture of performance and continuous improvement.
The CS Executive's primary areas of focus are:
* Supporting the business priorities of Branch Managers, Production team members, and the client service function, * Growing revenue by successfully counseling clients on additional lines of insurance or limit increases that should be considered based on the details of each client's unique exposure to risk, * Delivering high quality client service consistent with AJG operational standards and practices, * Achieving operational productivity and performance metrics consistently.
Further responsibilities include:
* Growing and profitably managing an assigned group of client accounts successfully, * Building relationships with existing clients by providing exceptional ongoing customer care, * Seeking referrals from current client base to solicit new business prospects, * Securing existing business and actively driving the sale of additional services and lines of coverage.
* Bachelor's degree with 5 years client service and/or claims management experience -OR- High School degree/GED with 10 years client service and/or claims management experience. * Must hold Producer's license. * Ability to travel 25% of the time. * Proficiency necessary in Microsoft office applications and in using technology as a tool to maximize productivity and quality.
* Previous experience in managing client relationships essential.
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Insurance knowledge - P&C experience preferred, as well as solid financial acumen. * Self-funding experience helpful.
* Must be able to build collaborative and mutually meaningful relationships with internal and external clients, able to facilitate and/or lead group meetings with internal and external clients, and effectively manage/balance multiple and sometimes competing priorities. * Needs to be comfortable analyzing and using data to make decisions, working in a self-directed manner, and to act as a role model for high performance and Gallagher's shared values.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered. * Must be 18 years of age or older. * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization. * Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.