Education - Post Secondary
Campus Program Manager- Part-time
Location: Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ
State/Territory: New Jersey
Job Type: Program Professional
Last updated: 4/17/19 1:21 PM
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ (Hillel GMW) as the Campus Program Manager. You will drive Hillel forward by thinking big, empowering students, and creating a warm and inclusive environment for Jewish life on campus. As you lead people and programs youll help every student on campus connect to Jewish life, learning and Israel .
Hillel GMW is a dynamic, multi-campus Hillel serving approximately 1200 students on 5 campuses in the Central/North NJ area. We are seeking a part-time professional (approximately 20 hours a week) to aid in campus administration, programming, and student engagement. You should have experience working with young adults, have a passion for Jewish life, and the ability to think creatively. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, and is familiar with data entry and office work.
What Youll Do
- Oversee programmatic and engagement activities, in partnership with colleagues and student leaders
- Serve as an advisor to some of our campus Hillel communities
- Manage social media and content for website; maintain participant tracking database.
- Develop key relationships with campus professionals and student organizational partners
- Mentor student leaders in their Jewish growth through one-on-one meetings and group trainings, in order to cultivate a caring and actively inclusive Jewish community
On a day to day basis you will
- Develop content for a student executive board leadership development training.
- Have a coffee date with a first year student who has expressed interest in becoming more involved in Jewish life on campus.
- Meet with your Hillel Director to discuss your goals for the week and any challenges that arose in the previous week.
- Work on a plan for what social media will look like for an upcoming speaker at Hillel.
- Update the student database with the previous day's attendees at a bagel brunch.
- Shop for that week's Shabbat dinner on one of our campuses.
What Youve Accomplished
- 1-4 years professional experience in Jewish, experiential or higher education.
- Bachelors degree required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven success:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Building pluralistic Jewish communities and creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment
- Inspiring, mentoring and motivating college age students through traditional, but also experiential education
- Managing a social media calendar and ability to nav
- Strategically networking and building partnerships with young adults and leaders
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality across all areas
What Youll Bring to the Job
- A passion for working with emerging adults and investing in their growth as Jewish leaders.
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity so you may act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults.
- Ownership of your unique Jewish knowledge and experiences and ability to inspire others to be on a Jewish journey.
- Familiarity with higher education and campus settings
- Comfort working independently and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great new opportunities; a bility to problem-solve in creative way
- Outgoing, friendly and engaging personality
What Youll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
- Plenty of Hillel swag!
About Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ
Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ is a multi-campus Hillel that serves 5 campuses in Central/North NJ. Schools include Montclair State University, Kean University, NJIT, Rutgers Newark, and Fairleigh Dickinson Madison. Hillel GMW's mission is to create a strong and welcoming Jewish community on campus, to facilitate meaningful experiences for students, to foster Jewish education and awareness, and to help develop and grow students' Jewish identities, their connection to Israel, and their relationship with the world. Hillel of Greater MetroWest is affiliated with Hillel International and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...